The first step is drawing blood from your arm.
Then we separate the PRP from your blood.
Lidocaine injections to numb the scalp to minimize discomfort.
Dermarolling and massaging the scalp.
1. This treatment does require us to draw some blood. Therefore it is extremely important that you eat a meal prior to having this procedure done. It will prevent you from possibly getting lightheaded during the procedure.
2. Wash your hair day of treament. Please do not wear any hairspray or gel.
3. Please bring a clean hat to the appointment with you that you can wear after the procedure is done.
4. The entire procedure takes 30 minutes. Most people can resume normal activites after this treatment.
In order to speed your healing time, please consider these recommendations:
Avoid medications that prolong bleeding times unless they are being used for their blood thinning properties. If you can use Tylenol for a headache instead of aspirin, please do so. If your medical doctor has advised an aspirin a day for its ability to prevent clots because you have a risk of coronary disease or stroke, please continue to take it. We can work around the bleeding and the benefits outweigh the nuisance of a little extra bleeding. Medications commonly used for blood thinning properties include Aspirin, Coumadin (warfarin), Ticlid (ticlopidine), Plavix (clopidogrel), and Persantine (dipyridamole).
Other medications that thin the blood that you may know about include:
o Ibuprofen; Motrin, Advil, Nuprin
o Naproxen; Naprosyn, Aleve
o Aspirin; Ecotrin, Ascriptin, Fiorinal, Cafergot,
If you have valve disease and generally require antibiotics before surgery, please let us know. If you have a standing prescription, as most people do, we will advise you on whether you need to prophylax for the procedure planned.
1. Do not wash treatment area for 48 hours. After 48 hours, you may use hair products and continue with your topical medications.
2.You may experience some pain and soreness for 2-3 days after your treatment. If this occur we recommend that you take Tylenol. If you are having excessive pain please contact our office immediately.
3. You can resume normal activities after this procedure.
If bruising is a concern, Arnica is a supplement that minimizes bruising. The supplement can be taken once daily for 1 week prior to prevent bruising. This can also be taken starting on the same day as the procedure to minimize bruising and quicken the healing process if bruises do appear. If starting on the same day as the procedure please follow instructions on the package. For your convenience this supplement can be purchased in our office.
If you have any questions or concerns, we are here for you, please call: (239)561-3376